Usually the styles of the gardens are very similar and specific based on the geographical area in which you are located. So looking at the gardens of your neighbors in your area you will not find much inspiration or ideas. Fortunately, Mark Parkes, a gardener with 20 years of experience and a degree in Landscape Architecture at the University of Florida, has joined into a single book styles and designs of gardens around the world.
In addition, this book will explain how to adapt the various styles to the type of climate or soil you have in your garden.
In this book you will discover:
- How to defend your plants against moles and parasites
- How to create a watering system
- How to choose the best materials and tools you need
- How to create combination of plants like a real landscaping designer
- How to manage plants in the various seasons
- Mistakes to avoid that 80% of people commit
- How to adapt the style to the soil of your garden
- How to exploit the spaces of your garden to 110%
- A simple step-by-step guide for creating a plan
- 8 different types of garden:
- Mediterranean garden
- Country/Cottage garden
- Japanese garden
- Urban and Modern garden
- Gardens for families and kids
- Gardens for pets
- Natural garden
- Productive garden
Even if you are a beginner and don’t have professional tools, you will be able to apply everything you find in this book without any problems. Unlike the usual books of landscaping design out there, this is not a theoretical book but is the result of Mark Parkes’ twenty years of experience.